Native Spirit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play, debate, and meet other people

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Empty
PostSubject: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Name: Black Raven
Tribe: Sioux/Lakota
Band: Teton
Position if have one: Chieftain of the Teton, Lakota
Winters (age):77
Looks: (pic) Long black hair with slight sighs of ageing, a set jawbone and high cheekbone.
Other: In my past I blamed something on myself. It has grieved me many times ever since. I offend go out on the plains to think. I have visions sometimes and can make herb patches that heal. I am old and getting older yet I am able and strong. I still go on raids from time to time, but stay home most of it. During celebrations I meet my old friends which are few. A few times have been called on, but stay close to my small band, of Hunkpapa Lakota.
Wyakin: The Raven
Horse: a good gentle mare gave Black Raven a filly; He has named the filly Fire Heart in honor of his beloved horse Iron Heart. Fire Heart is the last of Iron Heart.

Name: Sunkwa (Thunder Horse)
Tribe: Lakota
Position if have one: A medicine man
Winters (age): 19
Looks: Black hair in braids looks much like his father Black Raven. A set jaw, and kind but stern eyes.
Other: Looks up to White Braids for guidance. White Braids is teaching him the herbs since his Vision Quest revealed to him, his role as a medicine man.
Wyakin: red fox
Horse: Singing Shy (gift from White Braids)

Name: Standing-in-the-light
Position if have one: Black Ravens wife, some call her a medicine woman
Winters (age):60
Looks: Long dark black hair.
Other: when younger she went on the war path. She had only one child Sunkwa. Is wise and knows which herbs to use. Many call her a holy woman. When she lost her sight it did much to her out look of life. She often wonders why she is still living. She believes in the old ways of life, like White Braids.
Wyakin: Sparrow
Horse: Raven Wing lead mare

Name: White Braids
Position if have one: strong Medicine Man or Holy Man
Winters (age):95
Looks: (pic) long gray braids that have streaks of white. His face is kind, with a few deep cresses from old age.
Other: Was once deeply in love with Standing-in-the-light, when she married Black Raven. He left his thoughts and became a good friend of hers. He is a powerful medicine man. He is trusted by many of the village people and most trusted by Standing-in-the-light. She also felt some love toward White Braids, but that slowly died when she married Black Raven. White Braids Vowed he would always be there when she needed him or when her husband was gone. He also vowed never to love again.
Wyakin if have one: Wolverine
Horse: Looking Across the Plains.
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:53 pm

so my last post was

Sunkwa was able to leave and is now with his love. They are out of earshot, but White Braids can see them. They are over by the horse herds...

that sound ok???
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:42 pm

( = Yep = )

Laksha pulled at her hair awkwardly."So...." she giggled a little bit."How was your... trip?"
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Sunkwa leaned over towards her. close to her, "missed u evry second" he said. he wanted to toch her lips, he wanted to feel her. He heard a voice from behind him. "Come on sunkwa, we will soon feast, and I need to talk with you" It was White Braids....

After they were in his tent alone he said. "tomarrow take ur flute, Standing-in-the-light should be there. Then talk with her father." he nodded and went out to take place in the feast White Braids behin him.
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Laksha watched Sunkwa leave."So close." she whispered to herself while pinching her fingers together.Making sure no one was watching, she stomped her foot childishly.She ran to her tent ran her comb through her hair and threw on her celebration dress. Her long, blonde hair swooshed on her back as she walked to where they would be celebrating.
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:21 pm

Sunkwa enjoyed the music. He danced as it over came him. He heard the joyfilled luagh of White Braids. Even Standing-In-The-Light smiled. In the morning thye would be leaving Canada. It was time to surrender. Black Raven was an old man now and his heart was not strong enough to fight anylonger. As the celebration went on he walk to the outskirts of the camp. His soul would always be free. he told himslef, before retruning to the music and danceing.
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:54 pm

Laksha made her way over to Sunkwa. Since he wasn't talking to anyone ,only wondering. She pulled him to the side. She stopped at a place out of the earshot of others and crossed her arms,"Please tell me you are going to talk to my father soon. Not to be pushy but it has been nipping at me since you left. Oh and I still need to talk to you about my dreams. Ugh I'm sorry ever since you've been back I've just been a pain. "
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:02 am

sunkwa gave a smile. "you are never a pain" he said. "I will talk with your father when we are back in our homeland. I wish to be married there, where I was born" he looked at her "do u understand?"
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:57 pm

Laksha smiled and bit her lip at the word married and nodded in response to the question she didn't actually hear. For she was to busy fantasing about Sunkwa arms around her, holding her tightly, and tenderly. The feeling of her mothers eyes prying into her back made her come back to the present though. " You know what I am going to miss most about Canada?" she paused for a second." My tree." Laksha said casually.
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:54 pm

Sunkwa smiled. "I will miss the freedom...But I miss my homeland..." soon the other tibal people started to leave, and the fire died. Standing-in-the-light joined Wuteh in her tent. They sat next to the fire weaving. White Braids smiled at Sunkwa as he enetrd the sweat lodge to perify himslef. the camp was dark...most where sleeping.

Standing-in-the-light sat next to wuteh in her tent...."The childern are becoming a little to close." she said..."I saw Sunkwa and Laksha holding each other. We need to watch them a little more"
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:17 pm

"Yes. Though I feel that it will eventually be appropriate." Wuteh smiled. "I don't think they will do anything reckless.Laksha seemed to be hesitant when I was watching. So I think they are okay. They are just beginning to show how they feel about each other, I don't find anything wrong with that." she shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Standing-In-The-Light smiled. "others would disagree with you. Me I knw my son," Standing-in-the-light looked at Laksha, but knew she couldnt see her. then she heard the soft notes of a flute. "oh," she said....she knew who it was. "it seams" Standing-in-the-light paused. "it seams someone is playing for ur daughter..."

Sunkwas heart was racing as he played on the flute. His song was one of love. He played and waited for his love to come out of her tent.
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:50 pm

Wuteh laughed."My point being."

Laksha peeked her head out of her tent. Wondering who was playing even after the celebration. The beautiful notes flowed of the flute perfectly as she listened. She smiled as she seemed to somehow connect with the notes.Laksha closed her eyes and absorbed the melody she heard.
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:18 pm

Standing-in-the-light gently touched Lakshas sleve. "go, He playes the love flute for you."
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Laksha blushed and made her way out of the tent. Nervously she bit her lip and let her eyes wonder. Her dimples seemed to become canyons as she smiled. She spotted Sunkwa and resisted running to him and kissing him right then and there no matter if anyone was watching or not.
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Sunkwa continued to play his flute. When he stoped he said. "somethings are best to wait. I made this last summer, but waited till now to play for you. now I play my love flute" he then played anoghter song
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:48 pm

Laksha covered her quivering lip with her hands.Her eyes began to fill like the river behind them and her heart swelled to great heights. "I have to be one of the luckiest people in the world" she said while shaking her head not believing her words.

Wuteh sighed. "It almost hurts how true their love is."
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:12 pm

Standing-In-The-Light gave a small chuckle. "I remeber the feeling" then longingly she said. "sadly my love was not to be. But I learnd to love." she began putting her weaving away. "I think I should go now."
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:17 am

"Rest well. " Wuteh smiled.
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:49 pm

"Sunkwa," She held said as she came out. his put her arm out and he took it. slowly he guided her toward their tent. "Good night" he whisperd to Laksha before disaparing into the night.
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Laksha smiled and whispered"Good Night." Still smiling she twirled her way back to her tent, once she was inside she told her mother. "Best.Day.Ever."
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:37 pm

early in the morning Standing-In-The-Light was up packing. many others where also. they where moving. White Braids was mixed. he had joy to see his homeland again, but sorrow to not be able to live init. Sunkwa couldnt keep his eyes off of his love. soon he would have his disare. he loved her so much.
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:01 pm

Laksha kept sneaking glances over at Sunkwa as she packed.She saw him looking and smiled. She mouthed the words she had been dying to say all night "I love you."
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:04 pm

the tribe eneterd over the boarder. They camped by a small stream and when things where put away sunkwa took his two best horses and went to Lakshas father. He waited outside for him to comeout.
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:08 pm

Enestee came out of his tent and saw Sunkwa standing outside."Hello Sunkwa, how are you tonight?" he asked politely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next