Native Spirit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play, debate, and meet other people

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:13 pm

(sure)
(alrighty then....lets say that Talking Rain surived but her spirit is weakend. She is now recovering in Morning Star tent..)

Standing In The Light sat on the ground next to talking Rain. The weather has turned cold and there was already a layer of powdered snow on the ground. Morning Star had her head bent quitly sowing...
She felt her baby kick and her hand went to her stomach. Morning Star looked up and gave had mixed emotions. She had never had a child that lived...her life had been hard and she had never felt love. Then she looked at talking rain resting and she knew that she had found love. Black Raven had went to the reservation. He told her husband that she was not returning..he willingly gave up the. "worthless, dog." as he had called her. It comferted morning star that she would no longer be beaten...

"your time is soon..." she said to Standing In the Light. slowly standing in the light nodded. "i can feel it will be soon..." the moment would give her joy, but others would feel sorrow. She had a feeling she would not see her child grow...

Sunkwa laid next to Laksha. His arm around her, his hand resting on her belly. he kissed her check. "how much more time?" he asked...it releaved him that Talking Rain would be ok. though she was weakend and needed help standing but she was slowly gaining strength..He was comferted to hear that her husband didnt want her back and that she would be staying close, though the scars of what he did and what the sickness did would stay with her forever..
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:42 pm

Laksha looked down at her stomach that had stretched to a seemingly impossible size. "I am not sure, I feel the time getting closer." she smiled and kissed him on the lips." You are going to be such a great Father." Laksha still knew little about the sick girl, Talking Rain, but she wanted to try and make friends with her before the babies were born.
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Talking Rain looked at morning star. She felt ashamed. Why had she been taken ill. It was not her intention put her burdon on others. The shock of White Braids death as also heavy on her. She couldnt say nothing. And only ate when fed. She couldnt bring herself to feed herself. the sickness had left her legs weak....

Standing In the Light stood. Nodded at Morning Star and left. She felt the chill and shivered...she crossed the encirclement to Wutehs tent.
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:17 pm

Laksha kissed Sunkwa once more than stood up, struggling a bit with how big her belly was bulging. She giggled a little then walked out of the tent towards where she knew Talking Rain was. She didn't know if she was allowed to enter so she wandered around it, waiting for someone to come out.

Wuteh smiled as she saw Standing-In-the-light approach.
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:06 pm

Standing In the Light sighed. "soon i will walk again with some releaf" she placed her hands on her back. "I hope we have a mild winter, but knowing the winter i doupt it." she watched wuteh for a moment..then slowly she spoke. "I want you to promise me something."

Morning Star came out of her tent with pot.. She walked to a small stream and filled it then came back. She noticed Laksha, but said nothing. She may have shown compassion but she was still the same old grump and no body was going to forget it. she watched her for a moment then motioned with her head to come in. no need for words that you can do with out...

Black Raven rode back into camp. He swung off his horse and carried a bundle into Sunkwas tent. He set it down then took another to his own. before also leaving one at Wutehs. he saw his wife and wuteh walking. "heres the government rashins." he said distanfully. then left. He walked into Morning Stars tent and gently set the last bundle down. Morning Star looked up. She pointed to some soup cooking over the fire. "have some." she said. which ment stay and talk. Black Raven didnt feel like staying but to refuse her would be shameful. he took the bowl offered and put a scoop in it. He watched Talking Rain rest her head. her eyes where open, but the joy he once saw in them still hadnt returned. in replace there was pain and fear. She was getting better, but things where slow, she needed the freedom of the praire.
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:08 am

Laksha walked into the tent smiling shyly.

Wuteh looked at her skeptically, "what do you want me to promise?"
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Standing in the light looked straight at Wuteh..."promise me you will help Black Raven raise my child. she'll need a mother and your the only one i trust." she took wutehs hand. "i need someone to look after my child after i go"

Black Raven nodded at Laksha, but he was in no mood to talk. Talking Rain lifted her head. "black Raven" her body shook. It took every effort for her to speck. Her voice was small...and soft barely able to be understood. Black Raven immediately looked at her. He got up and sat next top her. "im here." he said...she closed her head and reached for his hand. "dont let." she had to stop. "Walks in the Snow take me." she finally said....she grasped his hand and squeezed it. "dont let him take me back..." her eyes showed fear...
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:04 pm

Wuteh stared at her as tears filled her eyes."I promise." she barely whispered. She wrapped her arms around the woman, and asked, "How long?" tears flowed down her cheeks.

Laksha looked at the girl and she fought back tears. Clutching her stomach she sat down carefully and watched the girl carefully.
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:06 am

"hes coming" she said her eyes looking strat ahead...Black Raven looked deep into her eyes, "no one. Listen to me, no one is ever going to hurt you again. I wont let them Talking Rain. Do you hear me. I wont let any one ever touch you." slowly she gave a slight nod. It took several minutes to regain stregnth to speck. "when are you do?" Morning Star put her sewing down. she put a scoop of the soup into a bowl. Then gently fed Talking Rain..she took two spoonfuls of the broth then rested her head on the lodge poles. "do not pity me." Talking rain said. "someday i will have a family of my own.." Black Raven looked at Laksha, he sighed slowly and patted Talking Rains hand.

"wuteh. stop." Standing in the Light fought to control her own voice. It saddend her enough that she would not watch the child grow. "i dont know....all i have been told is that i will not see the child grow to be a year old. I am old and my time is soon...you are still young and strong. Take care of my child when I go...teach her the ways of our people."
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:20 pm

Wuteh wiped away her tears and did as the woman told. Holding her hand she managed to say "I will." Her hand rested on Standing-in-the-lights tummy.

Laksha looked down at her stomach."Soon. They are coming soon." she looked at Talking Rain. "Your family will be beautiful." she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:49 pm

the baby kicked where wutehs hand was. "the baby wants out." standing in the light said trying to make light the pain that its kick gave. She rested her hand next to wutehs. "soon. Soon you will come into the world." A sharp pain ripped through her. She grunted and leaned forward waiting for it to pass.

Black Raven couldn't stand it. He arose nodded at Morning Star and laksha then left. He walked to the outskirts of the encampment. Then fell to his knees in the snow. The winter was already hard on the people. Already there had been death on the reservation. Death from the white mans disease and hunger. It was frustrating to him. Watching his people slowly loss hope slowly get stricken with sickness and slowly die. He had watched a child die from malnourishment. Was he wrong in surrendering? should he have joined with another band living in hiding? He couldnt hear his mind...his heart.
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Worry filled Wutehs eyes and she rubbed the woman's back. "Deep breaths. Deep breaths." she said, gently.

Laksha watched Black raven leave and she frowned. Turning back to Morning Star and Talking Rain she scooted closer and directed her attention to the other girl. "Hi.You don't need to talk but I just wanted to introduce myself since I don't think we ever really met. I'm Laksha." she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:41 pm

Standing In the Light held a hand up. "im fine, there nothing new." she straightend up..."there.." but after she said it another one came...Standing In the Light gritted her teeth. She stood. "i just need to walk will you come?" She acted as if nothing was wrong..

Talking Rain gave a slight smile. "I can talk. Im not dead yet." she rested..."you are Sunkwas wife...." she said quitely nodding. rest. "i am happy for you." rest..."you are" rest. "a lucky women.."..."a very lucky women." her head was leaning against the tent poles...she closed her eyes then opend them agian..."I am Talking Rain"
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:12 pm

"Hello Talking Rain. And I know." Laksha smiled sheepishly. She could practically feel the drowsiness coming off of the girl. "I can tell you need to rest. It was nice to finally meet you."

Wuteh nodded."Of course."
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:27 pm

Talking Rain Just stared at Laksha. "sleep wont come." rest..."and if it dose.." rest,,"its fitful sleep." talking wore her. She breathed in deep catching her breath... Morning Star watched Talking Rain breathing. She saw it was laboured..more then it needed to be. "talking rain.?" she softly said. She listend to the hallowness of each inhale...exhale. She didnt respond. Morning Star out her hand over the girls. She drew back as if she had been struck instead of gently touched...She flinched but her gaze never left Laksha.

Standing In the Light took a step forward. Another pain came strong then the other ones..they where getting stronger and closer together. She closed her eyes. "its not time.." she groand.. "pleae not yet, my little one." another contraction hit her bringing her to her knees. Her brathing became heavy. She wanted to cry out but no noise came from her lips.
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:57 pm

Laksha bit her lip and she kept her eyes on Talking Rain. "Morning Star is she okay? Is she going to be okay?" Her eyes flicked over to the woman. "Did I do something wrong?" Her voice was beginning to get frantic, so she bit her tongue to stop herself from yelling.

Wuteh crouched down beside her, wraping her arms around her to keep her from having to support herself. She saw the faint outline of Black Raven and yelled his name.
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Black Raven looked up. his head turned and he saw wuteh. He saw she was kneeling in the snow..with...with someone? He began to walk to her. Then he noticed Standing In The Light. Fear gripped him and he just stood there. His heart beat..Then like something had spooked him. He ran toward them. "what happened." he said frantically when he had reached them.

Morning Star kept her hand over Talking Rains for a few seconds before removing it. "i..I dont think so" she said slowly watching Talking Rain. "Something has happend to her..in her spirit. I dont think she'll ever fully recover. I dont believe well ever know fully what has happend to her" she paused. averting her eyes back to Laksha "all we can do is love her." She sighed. "she use to be so full of life, so string willed. So defiant of everything. She swore she would marry the man she loved not the man chossen for her." Morning Star shook her head. "shell never be the same." morning Star closed her eyes. Trying to capture her feelings. Shoving them back inside her body. She gave a ragged sigh. "Iv lived to long."
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:03 pm

"She is having contractions already!" she looked at the woman and her lips flattened into a straight line as she remembered her promise. "Hurry, we must get her help."

Laksha's eyes darted between the two females. "No. no you have lived long but not too long." she swallowed hard and rubbed her hand across her belly. "And maybe a miracle will happen and she will at least return to half of her old self."
Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Morning Star chuckled...."my eyes have seen to much. My hands, have done even more..." she put her head back. "no, im am old, my people are no longer free...Maybe the great great grandchildren of my poeple will be free. but i will longer know what freedom feels like."

Black Raven lifted his wife up. He helped her walk to their tent. "stay with her." he said as he went as fast as his age would allow him to Morning Stars tent. out of breath he told Morning Star.
"its to early." she said. Grabing her medicine bag and hurrying after Black Raven
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Laksha was conflicted between staying with Talking Rain or rushing to Standing-in-the-light but she stayed with the girl even if she was worried. She rubbed her stomach as she imagined those beings that were being made inside of her, making her smile. Her worried expression returned when she looked back up at Talking Rain though.

Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Talking Rain Watched Laksh. even though she knew it wasnt fair to the women it pained her to see Sunkwas child in her. She turned her head away. "leave" she said. "and do not pitty me." she couldnt look at Laksha anymore. It wasnt bitterness toward her. No, it was a differant feeling.

Morning star came into the tent "everyone out." she ordered as she gave a quick examination. "wuteh stay." she started taking thing from her back. "i may need you, but first go get some water and boil it. well need lots of water."
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:05 am

Laksha looked at her with hurt clear in her eyes, "But I..." she cut herself off. "I don't want to go." She scooted away from the other girl a little but remained seated in the tent with defiance.

Wuteh jumped up from her spot quickly and rushed out of the tent. In under a minute she got a ton of water and began to boil it. Impatiently she tapped her foot as she waited for bubbles to rise.

Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:00 pm

Talking Rain was helpless she wanted to get away, but her legs wouldnt move. "please." her voice was a hoarse whisper. Specking had tired her. Her breathing was heavy. "go, leave"

Morning star lay on her back...another contraction came. she gritted her teeth...not saying anything. Morning star took water and made a tea. setting it aside, "ok my dear. she said gently...she put her head out of the tent. "is the water hot?"
Back to top Go down
taytay

taytay

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:14 pm

"No. I have wanted to meet you for weeks. You told me not to pity you and I'm not. I'm sorry if I seem cruel but honestly whatever you need to do you can do in front of me. And if you just want solitude, I will remain quiet." Laksha huffed, thoroughly offended.

Wuteh Shook her head."it hasn't even started boiling but it's warm." she mentally urged the water to boil quicker. When Standing-in-the-light cryer out she cringed.

Back to top Go down
Battle Scars
Admin
Battle Scars

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:04 pm

Talking Rain glared at the women...She sat up and forced herself to her feet. She took a step forward then colapsed to the ground. It pained her to walk. She was took weak. Her breathing was heavy. "dont help me." she almost growled. She tried to walk out again, but again fell. She let out no cry of pain, but she could not hide it from her face.

standing in the light let out one cry then bit her lip. she would not cry out. Morning Star gently massaged her stomach. She looked toward the door...waiting for the water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native   Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native - Page 9 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Lakota and Tay Tay/Live Like a Native
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next